Friday, October 2, 2015

More moments of Hope!

Dr. No  called me Thursday morning and said Christine was responding to his commands to stick out her tongue and move her arm and he was very excited. 

He said several times "this is nothing that we have done"

He wants to get her home as soon as we can as he feels she do better there. 

We do need to transition her from IV support drips, to fluids and food by mouth, as the homecare will not do IVs. That's our next step, hopefully Friday we can get her home.

Just working on getting that to happen :-)

Later in the day I asked her to sick out her tongue and she did.  Cleaned it with a swab.  

She is still having pain when the pain meds wear off so they come & dope her up again (They did take her off the stronger dose but by 7pm she was hurting.  One more time they gave it & said no more, so praying she had a good night).   She sleeps because of the pain meds most of the time so we need that healing to take away the pain, get her off the pain meds & back to consciousness. 

I've pushed for nutrition since Tuesday.  Still no feeding tube. He seems reluctant to do this, yet everyday a tray of beef broth, jello, & juices show up. Ah, how bout something she can use???

Uncle Marcus stopped by last night on his way through town. We had a good chat & I appreciate him saying we're doing everything right.  When he said goodbye to Christine she started crying. I don't think she wanted him to go and was probably thinking of her Late Aunt Linda. 

Thank you to all the friends who have stopped by to pray over Christine, 2 groups from Orlando Thursday, u know who u are.  It is tiring for me with seemingly non stop visitors. If you do come please don't linger.  I was at the hospital from 11-8 & was exhausted.  It was pretty much non stop.  Talking with Dr.s, Nurses, the IV team, Home Care folks, Hospital prayer people, and visitors. If you do come please don't linger.  Spend some time, pray, and then go. :)

A big Thank you to Grandma for letting me stay so long & taking care of Bamibe with the help of Kelsea our babysitter.  That's where we can really use help is at home, keeping the 15 month old occupied.  

Last night when I said good night to my sweet bride I said "I love you" and she whispered "I love you too!"  and gave me a kiss. 



2 comments: