Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Part 2

11:35 pm, Sept. 29

Wife's bedside
, Palm Bay Hospital

She's STILL sleeping...  So you've hopefully seen Christine's Update in the previous blog...

She hasn't really come back to us much, a bit of mumbling tonight needing pain meds, but we're praying for a miracle...

She's very week from a weak of not eating well, nausea, vomiting, and high calcium levels.

I have to say, sharing my prayer requests on Facebook, I've been really humbled by the range of friends I've known from all through my life, from pre-High School days to now and everyone in between, who have reached across time, and come to stand next to us in prayer as if we'd just seen each other yesterday.  Thank you dear friends!  You had made, and have made my & our lives richer!!!!!!

Quick History of Paul & Christine:
We met in church 18 years ago, really liked each other.... I waited a week too long to ask her out, another dude moved in, dated her for 5 months then broke it off & bagged on her... Too Emotional (turns out during that time a co-worker was stealing her commissions & the management wouldn't fix it), a good reason to be emotional, and then the gossip train started... blah, blah, blah..  and I was stupid enough to listen to the nay sayers...

Fast forward to 2009, Miss Emotional wants to be friends on Facebook.  Being the generous kind hearted type, I let her be my friend... :0  Early 2010 she want's to intro me to a friend, "Minding her own business" she calls it later.  Since I was President of the (not so) Dame-less & Desperate Society, and a customer, I said sure.  Well, she wasn't interested...  Christine said, "Maybe I should be...?"  At that moment I heard the scoffers say "run" and the Holy Spirit say, "Just give it a try"  I did like seeing her pictures on FB after all.  She had always been very pretty..."too bad she's so emotional."  

So deferring to & following the wisdom of the HS, we met a few weeks later in Orlando (I was living in California) and had a nice time, so much so, we got together the next night for dinner...  A few visits back and forth across the country, and I proposed Sept. 18th, 2010 on a beach in St. Augustine.  She said yes!

December 4, 2010 was a very, very special day, as we united as Husband and Wife.  Thank you friends for making that day so special.

Part 2

March & April, 2015 she had been having pretty serious arm & back pain that 2 Chiropractors tried to address, but nothing worked.  

April 16 I get a text asking me to come home.  She had lifted our little guy out of his walker and her back went out. She could barley get him into the house.

April 20 We have a family photo shoot, she's doing OK, but hard to sit on the blanket for a photo.

April 27 Her Birthday.  Spent it on the living room couch in pain.  We're thinking a herniated disk.

April 30 So much pain, decide to go to the ER.  Have to wait 3 hours to get her in, sitting there in pain...  They run a whole bunch of tests, Blood, Ultrasound, high calcium levels...

May 4  Phone call from the Oncologist.  Metastatic Breast Cancer that's spread...


OK, will have to continue in Part 3.  Time to sleep for me...



Folks have asked if there's a way to give online...  Here's a link.  Thanks so much.    

No comments:

Post a Comment